A string of lights

Last year about this time I was decorating the Christmas tree with my husband & son.  We decided that the lights with green wire blended into the tree much better, but we only had one set of them, so my son & I headed out to purchase a string of lights.  I was trying to decide the best store to go--Walmart was closest, and as I passed it I thought to myself: "that was dumb, why am I going all the way to Lowe's?"  And I answered myself, "it's OK, you'll probably run into someone you know there."  Even though my hair & clothes reflected a long day spent at a tree farm, I wouldn't mind running into a friend.  
When we got to Lowe's I saw my friend/co-worker Mike heading into the store right in front of me.  So I caught up with him and we discovered that we were both there for the same reason--to buy one string of lights.          

It was so weird that we both showed up at the same time to buy the same thing from the same place.  

I remember that the week before, around December 8th, we'd been talking about purchasing flooring from Lowe's--because he had just purchased some and installed it and I really wanted to buy some.  Maybe that somehow put us on the same wavelength.

Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth -- I wasn't sure how to contact you, so I'm just writing a comment here. I wanted to thank you for putting a link to my blog in your blogroll. I've read your whole blog and you're really an excellent writer!

    If you haven't read it already, I recommend Robert Perry's "Signs." He also has a blog where he reports on and analyzes his synchros --

    http://www.semeionpress.com/signs/SignPosts/

    I have a more pluralistic view than he about the mechanisms of synchros, but I think his model is extremely helpful in validating and learning how to work with synchros.

    Looking forward to seeing you around the blogosphere!

    Sheila Joshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila, thank you for posting on the site/blog. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to you, but I wanted to check out Robert Perry's blog and read more about Rupert Sheldrake before I replied. Sheldrake looks amazing. I had never considered him or looked into his work because I associated him with the hundredth monkey Effect which I posted previously had been debunked in my mind. So I've been spending a lot of time the last few days reading other blogs and exploring. Anyway I look forward to hearing more about your work and reading more of your ideas now that I have the background Or desire to learn about MORPH I C Fields. Sorry my Voice recognition software is acting up and won't understand the word MOR pH IC fields

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voice recognition software – cool! I have to try that some day!

      I’m so glad you’re enjoying Sheldrake. He’s a very freeing thinker.

      You are a sponge! As am I. There’s a lot of fascinating stuff to discover. We’ll be talking more. Wishing you good holidays and peace in the new year.


      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Teapots Happen

The Daily Coyote

Library Divination