Synchs have not stopped

Sorry for my long absence.  I just wanted to make a quick note that my life is still full of synchronicity.   Since I last wrote I found my dream job in a seriously synchronous way--and it happened just a few weeks after getting rejected for another job which I thought was going to be perfect for me (I wrote about it in a previous post).  Even my skeptical husband pointed out how weird the circumstances were.  I have now been in the job for two years and have grown so much as a person that I can hardly recognize the new me.

Today a huge synch hit me and nearly knocked the wind out of me.  It was so awesome.  I've met many people at my job and connected really well with many colleagues.  One in particular that I always seem to be able to have an awesome conversation with is a professor of psychology.  Yesterday we met for coffee and I told him that I liked chatting with him because it was like therapy for me.  And he replied that I get what I pay for because he's an experimental psychologist, not a clinical psychologist.  He's mentioned to me that his wife is an introvert and doesn't like to attend parties or go out and I've been musing for the last few months that I wish she liked hanging out because it would be fun to get to know her.  Meanwhile I've also been reading a new book about synchronicity written by a therapist who believes the experiences are non-mystical creative breakthroughs from our own minds.  The author advocates for the use and discussion of synchronicity in therapy.  (I love the book so more on that later).  As I've been reading the book I've been thinking about reaching out to my old therapist who was involved in one of my very first synchs to share it with her.  And I've been wanting to get to know her on a personal level rather than as my therapist.  Today the pieces all fell together when I saw my colleagues wife's name on a party RSVP and realized that she is my old therapist!!!  Whom I adore.  (Of course I'm also a bit concerned about patient privacy as well...).

Update July 5, 2016: So, I saw my old therapist at the party the week after writing this post, and sat down with her and her husband (my colleague).  I told him that she was a fantastic therapist.  I gave her a letter detailing the original synch and a copy of the book.  She told me that she was happy for me--that she'd seen my name on an announcement when I first started my current job two years ago and has known all along and been happy for me, but hasn't been able to mention it to her husband.  I can't imagine how hard it is to maintain patient confidentiality and to have to block off a piece of yourself and your experiences and not be able to share everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teapots Happen

Library Divination

The Daily Coyote