Dead-ending synchs

My last post was about losing synchronicity and the feeling of being abandoned by whatever force was engineering it in my life.  Over the course of the last several months I have had several interesting synchs, many of which I felt were leading me toward a big change in my career.  I was waiting to post about them to see if they would pan out, but they apparently led to nothing.

This is not the first time this has happened.  I'm not sure if it is my fault for attempting to make sense of the coincidences that I stumble upon...it could be that the coincidences mean nothing and are really just coincidences, or it could be that I am misunderstanding the point of the synchronous occurrences in my life. It is, after all, easy to explain synchronicities so that they fit my own very limited perspective about what SHOULD happen.  It's harder to continue believing in them when what I was expecting doesn't happen.

If I continue believing in synchronicity it has to be with a more open mind.  I have to better separate the synchronicity from the sense-making.

My current dead-ending series of synchs seemed to point towards getting my "dream" job, but I ended up without an offer.  I've come up with several practical reasons to explain to myself why I didn't get the job, and also a few mystical reasons.  Now, a week since I got the rejection phone call, I believe that the job would not have been a good fit for me right now and that I wanted it for all of the wrong reasons (status, better pay & benefits, etc--not really that I would have liked the job better).  I learned a lot from the whole process and I am surprised that I got as far as I did.  Finally, I feel grateful for the job I have and excited about the opportunities I have ahead.

Dead-End Synchs in the interview process for my "dream" job:

1. A mentor of mine, whom I used as a reference, was a former colleague and good friend of the head member of the selection committee, as they formerly both worked in the same region of the country.

2. I selected a program to present as part of my interview, and during the research for the presentation I talked with the creator of the program.  The woman told me that synchronicity has been her religion for the last several years.

3. I "sensed" the restaurant which would be selected for the dinner prior to the interview--it was a restaurant at which I always seem to end up, but according to the interviewers, just one of the many restaurants they use to meet with candidates.    

4. A few others--like how my current job provided great training for this "dream" job.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teapots Happen

The Daily Coyote

Library Divination