Lost Cash Magically Replaced?

Last month $40 cash disappeared from my car.  I searched the pockets of all my jeans and coats and every nook of the car and only came up with $1 crumpled dollar (which wasn't part of the original $40, but I added it anyway).  Eventually I gave up, resigned to the fact that it was gone forever.  I don't think it was stolen, I think it either blew out when I opened the door, got mixed with one of my husband's business deposits, or hidden somewhere by my 3-year-old.  Anyway, I needed to find the money by February 9 or replace it--except I didn't have any money.  My husband offered it to me of course, but since I wasn't sure he had taken it, I didn't want it.

My only hope was that someone I had done web design for would send a check (but I had little faith given that the invoice had been due for several weeks and I hadn't sent a reminder).  Each day, I crossed my fingers as I opened the mailbox--Wednesday 2/6, Thursday 2/7, and Friday 2/8.  On Friday evening, my last chance, there was no check for web design.  But I pulled out an envelope from Kirkwood Community College--with the promising words: "pay to the order of".  I knew immediately what it must be--a refund for a continuing education class I had signed up for February 21, 2012 (Drywall tools and methods), but had been unable to attend.  When I had called, the woman said she could hold the money for another class, which I accepted, figuring I would eventually sign up for something else--except I never did.  One year later, they sent a refund for $39.00.  I now had exactly $40 just in time for my event on 2/9.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teapots Happen

Library Divination

The Daily Coyote